The salad is not Angry, but it's our variation of it. So hence, the Angry Taco Salad. This is one of our go-to meals in the Angry Household. Even Angry Toddler likes it. It is a bit random and there are several different variations of it that you can make, so feel free to adapt it to your taste.
If you've read my blog for awhile, and know me in real life...you know that I don't cook. Angry Husband made this and I um, bought the ingredients and took pictures. I'm a good wife like that.
So let's start...
1 pound of ground beef (you can use more than one pound, if you want)
1 package of taco seasoning mix
1 can of pinto beans
lettuce shreds (you can shred yourself, but we are lazy and buy pre-shredded)
2 cups of shredded cheese (we use the pre-shredded Mexican style)
Catalina Salad Dressing
Tortilla Chips, Corn Chips, or Doritos-style chips
Optional Ingredients for Your Own Preference:
Chopped Green Onions
Ranch Dressing instead of Catalina
Thousand Island instead of Catalina
1. Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring to crumble until well done; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix.
2. Add pinto beans to beef (which has already been seasoned with the mix). Put on lid to skillet and let beef and bean mix simmer for 10-15 minutes, depending on how soupy the mixture is.
3. Set beef and bean mixture aside to cool.
4. Get large bowl and crush tortilla chips (we use Dorito's) into bite sized pieces. Add meat/bean mixture(after it has cooled for a few minutes), lettuce shreds, and cheese. Toss it all together. Depending on your preference, you add more/less chips, cheese, lettuce.
5. Add in Catalina Dressing and toss the salad all together.
6. Scoop in bowls and eat.
*I would say that this mixture feeds about four adults with hearty helpings.
**We don't buy particular brands for this recipe. We go with the whatever-is-on-sale or generic theory of grocery shopping.